Can y’all believe August is over!! It is officially SEPTEMBER and I just have 1 question…where the heck did summer go??
As you know from my post in August, the July Glam Bag was the first bag I received from Ipsy. Unfortunately, I wasn’t too impressed with my bag last month, so I had higher hopes for my AUGUST bag!
I got my bag about 2 weeks ago and was hoping to try all of the products this time before posting my review!
Let’s get to the good stuff and I’ll share with you what I got in my pouch this month:
For starters, the theme of this month’s bag was Sugar Highness and I think that my products go pretty well with the theme this month. The bag was cute with a girl with purple hair and different makeup products on her head like a crown. I totally understand the idea of delivering your products in a makeup bag, but I don’t really need bags at this moment (maybe I can find a good way to reuse the 2 bags that I have).
- Formula X Nail Polish in Dollface: I received a mini size so I’m not sure what the price would be on a mini, but the full size (0.4oz) is $10.50 at Sephora. This color is a light baby pink. I usually do gel on my nails, but in between visits (usually when I peel all the gel off after 2 weeks!) I paint my own nails to give them a little breather. That being said – I found this color to be the right shade of pink and had a classy look. With 2 coats this would be perfect!
- Beaute Basics 3 Tone Bronzer: This was a mini version on the bronzer, but to be honest I have never heard of this brand before so I had to do some research. Lone behold, I couldn’t find much about the product (i.e a price). Here is what Ipsy had to say about it: “The triple threat of bronzers. Three silky smooth shades perfect for all skin tones. All in one carry-anywhere palette for glow on-the-go. Wear alone or together as a bonus fourth shade. Looks for days-and nights. Bendable and build able, so you can create your perfect tan. All-day formula for illumination that lasts.” I know for a fact that I won’t use this product, so for me, this was a waste of my 5 items.
- tarte cosmetics tarteist lash paint mascara: I LOVE this mascara!! I believe that the travel size I got in my bag goes for about $12 (more than you pay for the bag!). The full size of this mascara retails for $23. This is my absolute favorite mascara! I currently use the full size on a daily basis so I was super excited to get the travel size in my bag this month!
- Beau Gachis Paris Pro Series Applicator Sponge: The website is currently selling this sponge as a duo set for $23, so lets assume that the price for just one is about $12-15. I have attempted to use sponges before to apply makeup and I wasn’t a fan then, so I know that I am not a fan now! This will be one of those products that I gift to someone else who will use it 🙂
- Olive Natural Beauty Anti-Aging Facial Moisturizer: The full size of this moisturizer retails for $38 for a 2oz bottle. I received a 1oz bottle so I’m going to assume the cost is $19 for the mini bottle. I have plenty of moisturizer at the moment but my mom is really into trying different types of anti-aging products so I gave it to her to try out. I tried it once just so I could give you my opinion and the only thing that I didn’t like about was that my face smelled like olive oil after using it. *Side note: I used it on a day that I didn’t put anything else on my face, so maybe if I had put makeup on then the outcome would be different.
While I couldn’t get an exact price of the products in the whole bag, the bag is worth at least $45 (just a super rough estimate)! If this is accurate, then the $10 you pay for the bag is such a steal!
The cost of the box every month is $10 + tax and free shipping. So for 5 products (one of which should be full size, I think my makeup brush was my full size item), the low price is a pretty good bargain. The bag is great if you’re looking to try out different products that you may not currently use.
To subscribe to Ipsy use my referral link to discover new brands/products that you might come to love that you wouldn’t otherwise try!
p.s Let me know if you got anything different that you absolutely loved!