Y’all can we just take a second and let it sink in that it is actually 2018 already. Personally, I feel like my whole month is already booked. I’m busy every weekend and I don’t see any signs of it slowing down! For me, January is filled with basketball games that my girls have to cheer at and competitions pretty much every Saturday and then wedding things every other day of the week.
With all that being said, there are a few things that I learned in 2017:
- Don’t let the small stuff bother you: In my opinion this is huge. As I’ve gotten older, I’ve had to stop and think about what is worth getting into an argument about. I’ve learned that not everything is worth getting mad about and that some things are just out of your control no matter how hard you try to keep it in your control. This is a constant struggle for me because I let everything get to me ALL the time.
- Take time for you: Be a little selfish. You only have one life to live, so say no sometimes. Take the time you need to become the best version of yourself.
- Don’t tell your secrets to everyone: Ah this is another huge one! I’ve learned the hard way that you can’t trust everyone even if they seem like you can. Find your trusted friend, coworker, family member or whatever and hang on tight to them. Not everyone needs to know everything about your life. There are people out there who would love to know every little dirty secret, but they don’t have your best interest at heart.
- It’s ok to cry: I’m a huge crier ALL THE TIME!! My parents and brothers actually use the phrase “When is she not crying?” when describing me. 2017 brought A LOT of tears. Wedding planning is hard y’all and the tears come easily.
- Let go: let go of the need to control everything. Let go of the self doubt. Let go of any negativity. Let go of anyone holding you back. Just let go of it all. Learn to delegate. Know that you can’t take on the whole world all by yourself. There are people who want to help you.
2017 was quite a year. I had plenty of self doubt, there were tears (more than I’d like to admit), there were days that I just wanted to run away from everything and say see ya later. I also learned quite a bit about people this past year. Who knew that planning a wedding would be so stressful when people tell you that it’s the best time of your life? I see other people being successful and I wonder when it will be my turn or if my blog will ever be more than just a hobby?
BUT don’t get me wrong, 2017 was filled with soooo many great things and I’ve been blessed to live the life that I have (you can read my 2017 post here), but it doesn’t mean every day was easy. Things take time and I want y’all to remember the 5 things I talked about above and learn with me. I want to keep growing to become the best version of myself.
I can’t wait to get further into 2018 and to see what not only the year has in store for me, but what God has in store for me and my soon-to-be husband AND I can’t wait to share it all here with you!